After almost two weeks on the road and four major cities, last night marked the closing event of our European WHIR Networking Events tour. The final event last night was in London, UK, where a healthy representation of the hosting industry turned up at Concrete in the basement of a popular pizza restaurant. It was definitely one of the larger of our 4 events, with probably close to 100 people in attendance.
What was fascinating about the London event was the large turn out of people from all over Europe. We had representation from Greece, Poland, Croatia, Israel and more. It just goes to show what an expanding industry we work in, as it makes its way to many corners of the world.
On Tuesday night, we held a smaller but very successful event in Paris, France. Albeit a more intimate event like Berlin, we had amazing feedback from sponsors and attendees amazed at the number of attendees in a smaller market such as France.
These events are all about making connections and fostering business in person. After almost four years of hosting them in North America, we’re thrilled to see the same warm reception on the other side of the pond. We have been told how valuable and worthwhile the events have been for companies large and small.
We’d like to show our appreciation to a few attendees that were on the road with us attending all four of our events around Europe: Marcin Smó?kowski and ?ukasz Jesis from Opero in Poland, and; Judah Johns from Jelastic in the US. Gentleman, it’s been a blast.
We really, really want to thank our sponsors this week that helped make Paris and London such fabulous events. A special thank you goes out to Parallels, ServInt and SoftLayer who sponsored all events this week and last, as title sponsors. Equinix were also a huge support sponsoring Paris and London this week, along with Amsterdam earlier in our tour. We’d also like to thank R1Soft for their support of Amsterdam and Berlin, and local companies GlobalSign and OnApp who helped make the London event such a great one to wrap up our series last night.
We certainly hope to do this again, and if you missed out on these events but want to see what they are all about, we encourage you to find way to get to one of our North American events. Our calendar can be found at www.WHIREvents.com
We’d like to give one final thanks to our sponsors for their amazing support, and for graciously donating door prizes to these lucky winners:
Paris, France Prize Winners
- Softlayer gave away an Apple TV to Marc Villemade from Scality
- Parallels gave away a Parallels Plesk 11 Mini Cooper (remote control cars) to Steve Cesse of GlobalSign, Lucasz Jesis of Opero, Erwin van Duijn of CommuniGate
- ServInt gave away a Jawbone Jambox and 1 year of free Essential VPS Web hosting to Rendy Maulana of Qwords.com
- Equinix gave away a Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack to Rafi Stoffman and a flip cam to Eric Craig from Scality
London, UK Prize Winners
- Softlayer gave away and Apple TV to Goran Candrlic from Webiny
- Parallels gave away a Parallels Ples 11 Mini Cooper (remote control cars) to Darren Lingham of Paragon Rafi Stoffman of InfoGin
- ServInt gave away a Jawbone Jambox and 1 year of free Essential VPS Web hosting to David Clee from MirrorWEB
- GlobalSign gave away a PlayStation Vita (Wi-Fi + 3G) inerail to Chris Rogers
- Onapp -gave away a Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack to Gary Thomlinson of eHosting Carmen Moya from Webfusion
- Equinix gave away a Griffin Helo TC Assault Minicopter to Edi Budimilic of WhoAPI
About WHIR Happenings
The Web Host Industry Review team would like to make sure all our readers are kept up to date on the latest happenings with theWHIR. This blog will be authored by several members of the team and will provide lots of valuable information about theWHIR.com
No related posts.